Friday, January 30, 2009

Tastes Metallic

Due to the facts that a) I became the proud co-owner of a new digital camera yesterday and b) I scored tickets to last night's Metallica show at Nassau Coliseum, you now see before you a selection of images captured by yours truly at that very event. You can read my account of the show--wherein I time-travel back to eighth grade to ask "Why, oh why?"--by following this link to the TONY blog. (Yes, those are black Metallica beach balls you see in the last picture; you'll have to read the review for more on that.) A full set list appears below the pics.

Don't forget about Tim and Eric tonight (see below)! I will see you there.

/////





























































































































Metallica at Nassau Coliseum - 1.29.09

1. That Was Just Your Life

2. The End of the

3. Creeping Death

4. The Thing That Should Not Be

5. One

6. Broken, Beat & Scarred

7. Cyanide

8. Sad But True

9. Unforgiven

10. All Nightmare Long

11. The Day That Never Comes

12. Master of Puppets

13. Damage, Inc.

14. Nothing Else Matters

15. Enter Sandman

/////

Encore:

16. Frayed Ends of Sanity (intro)--> Stone Cold Crazy

17. Hit the Lights
[I'm reasonably sure it was "Hit the Lights," but it may have been another Kill 'Em All track.]

18. Seek and Destroy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Song 17 was Phantom Lord from Kill 'em All

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your experience. I enjoyed the show. It's probably one of the best Metallica concert that I've been to....and I've been to many since the "Master of Puppets" tour. The stage set up hearkens back to simplier times....and I'm sure with a purpose. I know some people will say that Metallica has lost it's edge. For the past couple of albums I was almost convinced that they have...its good to have the old albums to listen to get hope. Metallica has certainly redeemed themselves with Death Magnetic.

Check out NYTimes.com's review of the show, http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/31/arts/music/31meta.html?partner=permalink&exprod=permalink

Anonymous said...

Love the title of this post. Wasn't going to get by me...