Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Have you seen this woman?














As reported on this blog last year, I'm currently working on a book about Ween's Chocolate and Cheese album for the 33 1/3 series. I've conducted many original interviews for the project, speaking to the band and their associates, as well as various people involved in the visual element of the album, including photographers, designers and the man who crafted the immortal Boognish belt. Basically, I'm trying to be as thorough as possible, tracking down everyone who might have an interesting story to tell about their role in Chocolate and Cheese, however minor.

But one person has eluded me, and I'm wondering if anyone out there can help. Yes, I speak of Ashley Savage, the woman whose torso adorns the album cover and who helped the image win Playboy's illustrious Sexiest Album Covers of All Time poll back in 2002. I've spoken to people who knew her at the time of the shoot, and I did manage to find the following unaired Saturday Night Live short--a Seinfeld spoof--in which she appears. (I have confirmation that the woman who plays the waitress--she first appears at :25--is in fact the same Ashley Savage.)



Long story short, I'd love to get a few comments from Ashley Savage for the book, and the clock is ticking. To my knowledge, she's never spoken about the shoot, maybe for a reason. But I'm hoping I could at least get some input re: what it's like to be immortalized in this unique context. So, good DFSBP readers, does anyone have the foggiest idea how I might reach her? I've tried going through all the obvious channels (band, photographer, design company, fellow actors in the short above, even the director of this film, etc.), but maybe there's a connection I'm missing. Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you know something I may not. My e-mail address is at the top of the blog.

No comments: